Skip to main content
Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Pages and Files
A wiki is a type of website that allows users to easily add and edit content and is especially suited for collaborative writing (
). That means that on typical wikis, anyone can edit anything at anytime.
is a great video on wikis that explains how they work.
Examples of wikis
- a free online encyclopedia
- lists 33 wikis that are worth visiting
- The online space for students of Westwood Schools to learn and collaborate.
Weblogged Presentation Links
- Will Richardson's info about Wikis
Cullman Collaborative Books
- Students at Cullman Middle School are collaborating to write several books.
Hillcrest High School Government Class
- Students are creating political parties, campaigning, and holding elections online.
Fayetteville High School Wiki Help
- Several teachers at this school have created wikis for their classes.
Mrs. Barnett's History and English Wikis (FHS)
- An awesome way to organize your classroom!
Collaborate with other teachers!
- For all things Education 2.0
How to begin
Choose a wiki hosting service
- Free for educators, easy to use, not very flashy
- Free for educators, a little more versatile, a little more complicated
- They claim to be as easy as peanut butter, but you have to wait to receive an email before you can begin.
Easy to upload files, built-in calendar
Links I have collected
The PowerPoint from the Octoberfest presentation
Questions? Feel free to contact us!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"